Sunday, May 11, 2008

Organizng your trinklets

I don't know if you have the same problem as me or not ..... but my mother always nag me .. "Why are your ear rings on the coffee table?" , "Why buy so many necklaces when you don't keep them properly?". And since today is Mother's day, its time to get organized and not make mum nag us so much. Here are some tips to stay neat, and it helps me find the exact accessory I need in a nick of time .. (and mum loves it too as there are no strays lying around anymore).






  • I know its a man's toy but get a tackle box to organize your ear rings. You can sort them by color, by texture or even by your mood. Do keep your ear rings on the plastic holder before you put them in the compatments if not they'll get all tangled up.
  • I have a wooden wardrobe. I stick pins in on the door and hang my necklaces on them. They don't get tangled and I can see easily, which would match my outfit.
  • On another wooden door, I place 2 pins and hang a wire horizontally. I then hang the earrings that do not come with the plastic holders.
  • When I buy accessories, I keep the see through plastic bag that they come in. I'll keep bracelets, ear rings, necklaces etc .. and place them in a box. Its easier to find stuff. Trust me!
  • Get a nice glass bowl and put your rings in them. You can find and easily see them from all angles.
  • Invest in suction caps with hooks. Place them all around your mirror so your favorite and most often worn accessories can be easily within reach.

Once you start arranging your accessories well, not only will you save time, you won't have to throw out your fav pieces because they are 'untangle-able'.

No comments: